The focus of Olde Knox Commons is our resident; therefore, our residents come first. We believe caring about our residents is as important as caring for them. Our residents have worked all their lives for the welfare of their families and their countrymen. Now that they have become weak and infirmed, we, in turn, are morally obligated to make life more comfortable for them. The services we offer our residents are meant to be flexible and may be adjusted to meet the individual needs of each person living here. Our objective is to look after our residents in the best possible.
- Medical Services under the direction of our Medical Director
- Nursing Services and Restorative Program with 24/7 RNs, LPNs, and CNAs
- Therapy Services: PT, OT, ST, and therapy assistants/aides
- Therapeutic and Recreational Activities with our own activity transportation bus
- Patient and Family Services
- Discharge Planning and Social Services
- Dietary Services under a Certified Dietary Manager and a Registered Dietitian
- Environmental and Laundry Services
- Maintenance Services
- Pharmacy Services
- Full-Time Wound and Skin Care Nurse
- Full-Time In-house Nurse Practioner
- Medicare and Medicaid Managed Care
- End of Life Care
- Dental Services
- Podiatry Services
- Eye Care Services
- Transportation Services
- Phone for each resident
- Cable TV in each room
- Daily Activities
- Beauty Services
- Casual and Formal Dining
- Living and Visiting Rooms
- Serenity Whirlpool
- Beautiful Outdoor Courtyards
- Enclosed Sun Porch
- Other specialist physician services as required in the resident's plan of care.
At Olde Knox Commons, we’re not just another facility offering rehabilitative and skilled nursing care services. We are a team of uniquely qualified professionals, carefully recruited and hired for our nursing care and therapeutic talents. Our skills reach far beyond the stringent requirements of being well-qualified health care professionals; we’re responsive to the needs of our patients and their families – trustworthy in our approach and committed to quality care.
Liberating the human potential and raising spirits are the focus of Olde Knox Commons therapy programs. There is a side of therapy which has nothing to do with muscle coordination or retraining the brain to do daily tasks or communication skills. It’s the human side of therapy – the side of therapy that gives people hope, making them believe they can perform activities which they might have thought were never again possible. It’s all about recovery and a sense of personal accomplishment.